1. Soldier Tradesman or Sol Tdn Category: 19 Trades of Soldier Tradesmen are enrolled in the army for smooth functioning of army organisation and unit in the peace and war. Army unit has a strength of 100 to 1000 soldiers junior commissioned officers and officers who live within a compound and get all support from within that compound/ society. Thus each unit has its own huge larg stores, living quarters and lines, offices, gardens, vehicles and equipment. Therefore there is a requirement of a lot of supporting staff to run various institutes and to maintain the unit area and equipment.
2. Soldier Tradesman Chef or Sol Tdn Cook: The troops have to be fed. Each unit has its own cook houses. Food has to be provided to troops three times a day apart form other requirements. Army thus require qualified, dedicated cooks who have an aptitude for cookery.
3. Soldier Tradesman Hair Dresser or Sol Tdn Barber: Being a self sustained society each unit has its own barber shops and barbers who maintain the upkeep of the troops.
4. Soldier Tradesman Store Hand or Sol Tdn SH: Each unit holds lot of stores like rations, clothing, equipment, oils and lubricants etc. These stores have to be maintained in a good condition so that they can be used by troops. We require store handlers who will be able to maintain these stores, account for them and assist in maintaining their service.
5. Soldier Tradesman Animal Store Holders or Sol Tdn ASH: Units with mules and dogs have equipment and rations as per their specific requirements. There are harnesses and clothing for the animals, medicines, rations(hay), etc. These are stored till they are required to be used. The stores are required to be maintained in a serviceable condition. We thus require candidates who will be Store Holders and will assist in maintaining all this equipment and stores for animals in a serviceable condition.
6. Soldier Tradesman Ferrier or Sol Tdn Ferrier: The mules require special care. They have to have their hoofs maintained. Shoes have to be put and maintained. Army require candidates who are conversant with this work.
7. Soldier Tradesman Pioneers or Sol Tdn Pnr: Many a time labour is required to work on certain sites, lift loads, work on certain construction sites etc. The Army cannot hire casual labour for certain sensitive tasks. We thus require labour to do the tasks of handling stores and working on construction sites.
8. Soldier Tradesman Postal or Sol Tdn Postal: The Army has its own Post Offices and service to cater for all official correspondence. These Post offices are manned by army personnel. Army require candidates to run these Post Offices and receive and despatch ‘dak’.
9. Soldier Tradesman Steward or Sol Tdn Mess Waiter: Each unit has its own Officers Mess which caters for the food requirements of the officers especially in field areas. Army require dedicated staff who can assist in the Mess and serve food to the officers in a hygienic and pleasant manner.
10. Soldier Tradesman Artisan (wood) or Sol Tdn Wood: The Army needs candidates who have the knowledge and expertise to work as carpenters. Candidates with ITI qualification or traditional knowledge are preferred.
11. Soldier Tradesman Artisan (Painter) or Sol Tdn Painter: A lot of equipment has to maintained and marked / numbered as per specifications. Candidates with painting skills and expertise are required for the job.
12. Soldier Tradesman Artisan (Tailor) or Sol Tdn Tailor: Each unit has 100 to 1000 troops. Their uniforms are required to be maintained to high standards. Normal wear and tear has to be repaired. Candidates with traditional skills or ITI training are required for the job.
13. Soldier Tradesman Artisan (Metallurgy) or Sol Tdn Carpenter: Candidates with traditional skills or with qualification from ITI are required to work as blacksmiths.
14. Soldier Tradesman Artisan (Musician) or Sol Tdn Band: The army units have their Military Bands consisting mainly of Drums, Trumpets and Pipes. Candidates with knowledge of reading music, traditional knowledge or liking for music and /or training in music may apply for the same.
15. Soldier Tradesman Equipment Repairer or Sol Tdn Mochi: The shoes and equipment of troops have to be maintained in serviceable condition especially in field areas where there is no outside support. Cobblers are required to repair shoes and other canvas/leather equipment. Candidates with traditional skills or training are required for the job.
16. Soldier Tradesman Kennel Man or Sol Tdn Guard Dog: The army has its own specialist dogs for guard duties/sniffers and trackers. Army require dedicated candidates who love dogs to work as their handlers and look after them.
17. Soldier Tradesman Washer Man or Sol Tdn Dhobi: The uniforms of troops and officers have to be maintained to a high standard. Army require candidates with traditional skills and / or training/experience to serve as washerman.
18. Soldier Tradesman Mess Keeper or Sol Tdn Masalchi: Each unit has an Officers Mess. Personnel are required to assist the cook in his daily tasks and to clean the utensils and kitchen everyday. Candidates keen on a ‘Masalchis’ job can apply.
19. Soldier Tradesman House Keeper or Sol Tdn Safai Karmchari: The unit area, lines, toilets, offices, gardens, roads have to be cleaned and maintained everyday. Army require dedicated candidates with knowledge and skills for the job.
20. Army Bharti Soldier Tdn, Sena Bharti Soldier Tradesmen, Tdn army Bharti, Army Bharti Tdn, Tradesmen recruitment rally